Sunday, September 25, 2011

#87 Jean Louis

The usual Sunday afternoon at Columbia Road followed by a walk down Brick Lane led us to a beautiful shop with old fashioned stock called Le Grenier

The owner, Jean Louis, was busy fixing a lamp and didn't even notice me watching him. I found his focus captivating. It has been a while since I saw anyone fix something. We are so used to throwing things away and buying new ones. Anyway, he agreed kindly to pose for me and we chatted about today's world, recession and how people don't visit their local stores anymore. Truly enjoyed this encounter.



1 comment:

  1. You can tell you loved this interaction. I really like the sense of labour, kind of hard to explain, the sense of...activity and tradesmanship? You know what I mean. Really lovely. - Flood

    ReplyDelete