Monday, May 30, 2011

#2 Sir Alex Ferguson lookalike

That's probably why he asked me if I was going to put his picture on Twitter. I spotted him sitting in a cafe with two other elderly gentlemen on King's Road, quite a well-off area of London. As soon as I saw him take out his pipe, I knew I wanted to shoot him. There's something special about portraits with smoke. He spoke in a very educated manner with upper-class accent. 'I take up photographic exercise myself in my spare time', he said.

B&W


Colour

How did it all get started? I've been doing photography for four years now and have always enjoyed shooting candids and city scenes. A few months back Emil posted an invite on London Strobists on flickr inviting people to join him to shoot street portraits and since I hadn't tried that before I thought I'd give it a go. We headed out to Portobello Market on Saturday, 12th February 2011 and that's how it all began. I enjoy the hunt. I enjoy watching people and going up to them with a smile asking them to pose for me. London is full of fascinating personalities waiting to be photographed.


1 comment: